CHOC CHIP SLICE – Gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1 can of chickpeas
1/4 cup maple syrup
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup almond butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup choc chips
THE HOW-TO PART:
- Turn oven on to 180 degrees C.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Process all the ingredients, except the choc chips, until mixed. This only takes a few seconds. You may need to scrape the inside of the bowl down.
- Then stir in half of the choc chips.
- Spread the mixture into a rectangular lined dish. Sprinkle the rest of the choc chips over the top.
- Bake for 30 -35 minutes.
MAMA RAE’S INSIDE SECRETS:
- You can use any of the nut butters or use ¼ cup peanut butter and ¼ cup almond butter.
- Substitute your favourite sweetener for the maple syrup.
- Taste the batter and add more sweetener if you need, as I usually use the minimum and allow the flavours of the ingredients come out.
- Hmmm…easy as falling off a log!